Telecom Designer for an offshore platform Project for an initial 6 month contract role that has an immediate start
The role is likely to be outside IR35 but the final decision will be made after a Qdos assessment.
Preparation of Instrumentation and Telecommunication engineering deliverables like Block diagrams, Instrument Index, location layouts, hookups, installation drawings, cables schedules, cable routing layouts, Material Takeoff, Bill Of Material, Control Room and Rack Room Layouts etc.
Ideal Candidate Experience / Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
• Proficient in 2D drafting software packages
• Experience with Smart Plant Instrument Database application
• Proficient in Microsoft Office applications like Excel, Word, Access etc
• Interface with other engineering discipline like Electrical, Piping etc for instrumentation and Telecom inputs
• Is responsible for the technical and commercial quality of the work executed within the group and for the supervision of the Draft Persons, Designer(s) reporting to him/her
• Support Lead Engineer on internal as well as external changes
• Shall comply to company and project standards, procedures and specifications
• Experience of co-ordination with high value Engineering Centre
• 3D modelling experience and experience in extract drawings from 3D Model will be an advantage
• Experience in development of Telecom block diagrams
•BP project experience preferred
Duration: 6 months
Location: Role will be based on 5 days a week in the client offices / Hybrid working may be possible with two days remote.
Rate: circa £45.00 per hour
Status: *Outside IR35 (TBC)