We are currently looking for four experienced FEA Engineers to join the team on an exciting Floating Wind project.
Ideal candidates will be:
• B.Eng, M.Eng, or M.Sc in Civil/Structural Engineering or similar. Chartered Engineer or progressing towards charted status.
• Minimum of 8 to 10 years relevant offshore energy industry experience with a proven track record of delivering high quality Structural Engineering using Finite Element Analysis.
• Highly Skilled in using Finite Element Software such as ABAQUS / ANSYS.
• Ability to apply engineering principals to solve challenging problems and to work effectively within a small team.
• Experience in the design of offshore structures (oil & gas / offshore wind)
• Familiarity with current Offshore Wind Foundation design practices and developments
• Experience and knowledge of offshore wind regulations, codes of practice and design standards
• Familiarity with time domain, spectral and deterministic methods of fatigue assessment
• Alternative techniques of solving of complex structural problems (sub-modelling, influence matrix)
• Experience in programming (Python, C++) is an advantage.
Objectives and Responsibilities of this Role:
• To Perform Structural Analysis tasks by means of modelling in Finite Element Structural Analysis software (ABAQUS / ANSYS). Highly skilled in performing detailed stress analysis of offshore structures using Finite Element Technique.
• To have experience in performing Structural Analysis tasks by means of modelling in company standard structural analysis software (SACS, STAAD and GT-STRUDL).
• To have experience in performing detailed design calculations in accordance with current requirements and the latest Industry Codes and Standards including statutory rules and regulations (DNV GL, API, AISC, EC and Norsok).
• To Review/comment and approve Structural drawings for steel structures based upon Engineering Design.
• To Prepare high quality Design Reports and to maintain records in accordance with Department Operating Procedures
• To ensure that all activities are carried out in a manner consistent with client’s policy on health, safety, quality and environmental matters in accordance with client specific procedures.
FEA User - ABAQUS, ANSYS