Mechanical Design /Technical Support Manager
Our clients are a Mechanical and Electrical Contractor, known for delivering building services solutions to Commercial, Residential and Refurbishment sector and looking for an experienced Mechanical Engineer to become part of their team.
The Mechanical Design/Technical Support Manager will be a key point of contact for clients and the business regarding designs & technical drawings to ensure stakeholder satisfaction with overall projects.
Ideal candidates will review new project designs to check feasibility, identify potential issues and liaise with; the Clients Design Team, Design Consultancy and Project Managers to fully understand project specifications and requirements.
Ideal candidates will have:
- A charismatic and professional demeanour as this is a Client facing role.
- HNC qualified with a minimum of 5 years post qualification experience.
- Mechanical technical expertise, any electrical knowledge is an advantage.
- Procurement and negotiating skills.
- Experience in managing pre construction programmes.
- Experience in managing commissioning programmes.
- Proficient in the full Microsoft suite of programmes, including Project.
You will be:
- A mechanical bias Engineer with a real interest and flare for dealing with M&E designs.
- Well presented, with a smart appearance.
- Highly organised with the ability to manage multiple priorities and manage a busy workload.
-Work with Clients to acquire technical information, specifications, and drawings for site.
-Drawing Approval and Sign Off - Work with CAD team to finalise drawings, ensuring designs changes are picked up before issuing to Operations.
-Produce and issue Technical Submittals.
-Involvement in technical specification and negotiations of the procurement of Major Plant.
-Provide technical support to the Operation Teams including attending client/site meetings where required.
-Prepare and provide all necessary detailed design documentation to Operations Team for design handover and project implementations.
-To observe and abide by the Company’s Health and Safety polices.
-To work with and support colleagues and other departments as and when required.
-To work above and beyond when required to delivery projects to successful completion.
-Undertake any necessary training to ensure efficient completion of your job.
-To always cultivate and maintain a professional image, be punctual, helpful and courteous to clients, colleagues and other Contractor and Consultants.
-To ensure all equipment including Lap Top, Mobile Phone provided to you are kept secure and in good order. Ensure equipment is up to date and calibrated
Benefits: Paid travel, pension and private healthcare (post probation period)