Senior Structural Engineer
Role is for a Senior Structural Engineer based in London office for an assignment of approximately 6 months.
The successful candidate will primarily be responsible for FEED level design of concrete and steel, permanent and temporary Industrial and industrial accommodation / administrative buildings but will also work with design team on traditional foundations and structures as is typical for Oil and Gas plant.
Potential candidates will be able to plan and work independently, reporting progress and schedule to team leaders and communicate effectively to other team members and client.
The primary tasks will be structural design, production of calculations, specifications, basis of design and supervision of drawing production related to concrete/steel buildings, foundations and structural steel.
Potential candidates should meet the requirements as stated below.
Job Description & Requirements
The successful candidate shall:
• Have experience with STAAD for analysis design of steelwork.
• Be experienced with concrete design to ACI 318, steel design to AISC.
• Have experienced in design of concrete structures and foundations.
• Plan and conduct independent work within a design team, evaluating options, discussing with client/team evaluation approach and then selection, application of engineering techniques to produce required deliverables.
• Have a broad working knowledge of the principles and practices of structural design and of coordinating work with other technical disciplines.
• Coordinate technical issues with other departments on the project including constructability requirements and reviews.
• Proficiency in the utilization of 3-D reviewing software such as smartplant review.