Functional Safety Engineer for an Offshore Platform Project for an initial 6 month contract role that has an immediate start
The role is likely to be outside IR35 but the final decision will be made after a Qdos assessment.
A Functional Safety Engineer with a proven history of designing systems for FPSO/Offshore platforms.
The ideal candidate should have experience working in the concept/FEED and detailed engineering phase of the project.
The candidate should have expertise in the following areas:
* Designing Control systems that adhere to IEC 61508/61511 standards.
* Creating the Functional Safety Management Plan (FSMP) and project philosophy documents to support functional safety, if necessary.
* Contributing to the design of DCS, PLC, and SCADA-based process control systems.
* Performing and documenting reliability calculations.
* Developing the Safety Requirements Specification (SRS), SIL validation procedures, and Fire & Gas specification.
* Hands-on in drafting Cause and Effect and control narratives for the safety system.
* Bachelor’s Degree or having equivalent applicable experience that can be demonstrated.
* Experienced in Participating and supporting in HAZOP, LOPA, SIL (Safety Integrity Level) determination studies.
* Having substantial experience in EPC/MAC, plant operations in Process Engineering or Automation & Control Systems within industries such as oil/gas, hydrocarbon, refinery, offshore or infrastructure.
* Being a Certified Functional Safety Engineer.
Candidates who are familiar with BP standards/work processes will be given preference.
Duration: 6 months
Location: Role will be based on 5 days a week in the client offices
/ Hybrid working may be possible with two days remote.
Rate: circa £55.00 per hour
Status: *Outside IR35 (TBC)