Structural Engineer (Staff/Permanent Role)
Responsibilities will include:
· Working with clients and staff to determine their requirements and produce design
· Preparation of technical specifications and documents
· Reviewing / commenting on third party and contractor designs
· Site supervision and monitoring
· Preparation of reports / design studies
The job would suit a confident team player with excellent attention to detail and the ability to multitask and prioritise.
The candidate will be based in Kingston-upon-Thames.
The role will involve some foreign travel. This will normally be for short durations of a few days to attend progress / design meetings.
Desired key skills and experience:
· Knowledge of structural engineering infrastructure design steel design and concrete structures
· A minimum of 5 years design experience
· UK driving license
The following skills would also be advantageous:
· Experience in design of quay or bridge structures
· Experience in concrete structures
· Experience in building design
· Experience in preparing project cost estimates
· Experience in preparation of specifications
Experience in port/marine infrastructure design will be beneficial