Mechanical Building Services Engineer
About the role:
As part of a successful and growing mechanical services department you’ll provide direct support to the Mechanical Services Director whilst joining a team that’s been delivering industry leading design solutions for decades. Your exceptional levels of service will continue to drive standards in quality and build long-term partnerships with our clients.
Principal Responsibilities and Accountabilities
Liaise with other team members in a multi-disciplinary environment to achieve holistic building solutions to client brief.
You will interact with various internal and external contacts and take responsibility for the delivery of projects within time, quality and budget constraints. You will also work closely with clients to develop and nurture relationships that result in new opportunities and repeat business.
· Design and specify all aspects of mechanical building services in accordance with current guidelines, standards and regulations
· Contribute to the design planning, resourcing and fee planning of specific project teams
· Contribute to the development of the mechanical services department as required
To undertake an appropriate level of resource management responsibility and control by:
· Ensuring an understanding of project briefs
· Working to time allocations
· Make steps to minimise expenses and non-chargeable costs
· Produce project cost of further works and resource plans
· Ensuring support services are made available
· Participate in effective presentations to external organisations, customers and peer groups
· Co-operating with other members of the team
· Reviewing progress plus reporting any anomalies and scope of duty revisions to the line manager
· Updating forward plan workload regularly
· Ensure design intent/commissioning fulfilled during construction stage
Duration: 6+ months