Ideal candidates will be proficient in the use of various design analysis software in the delivery projects and be able to collaborate with management and demonstrate ideas on how to improve our team internally. You will also be able to maintain an outstanding technical quality, be interested in new Engineering products and technologies and strive for successful outcomes.
• Chartered Membership with the IStructE (preferred) or ICE
• University Engineering Degree of BEng, MSc or Meng or Equivalent
• Work experience within a similar consultancy or other relevant business
• Ability to deliver design solutions, assessment calculations, lead teams and successfully manage projects.
• A solid track record of having worked on a variety of structures projects, possibly as project leader on some, with experience of dealing directly with clients.
You will be responsible for helping with the structural engineering design of complex Engineering projects and the mentoring and managing of our existing Structural Engineers and Post-Graduate Engineers towards professional qualification and obtaining their membership with ICE and IStructE.
Our Principal Engineers will need to be comfortable managing projects and have experience in attending both formal progress meetings with clients and informal design workshop situations with other members of the Design Team.
You will need to be a good communicator in both external and internal situations for our clients and colleagues, and you will have technical experience in conceptual design to create cost-efficient engineering solutions with various construction materials.
• Ideally you will live locally to the office or be willing to relocate
• Experience designing in post-tensioned concrete is not essential, but advantageous.
• Experience in the London Market (Complicated ground works, Private sector stakeholders, mixed use developments and heritage buildings)
Duration: Up to 6 months