Piping Layout Designer - SP3D
Experienced SP3D designer will be based in London office.
The role includes independent work requiring judgement in the evaluation, selection, application and adaptation of design on a project.
Ideal candidate will knows applicable industry standards and codes, accepted design practices and quality standards for following areas: refining / petrochemicals, pharmacy / fine chemicals or any other process industry.
Reporting to the PD&P Engineering Group Supervisor (EGS), they will complete engineering design and specification for oil and gas mechanical handling equipment in accordance with relevant design criteria, codes and standards.
· This work includes the preparation of layouts, study drawings, detailed 2-D and 3-D Computer Aided Design (CAD) design models, SmartPlant3D, microstation, and construction drawings.
· Maintains up-to-date skills relevant to design work and ensures that maximum use is made thereof.
· Supports the creation of a work environment that fosters openness, trust, communication, teamwork, empowerment, innovation and satisfaction.
· Aid with the preparation of Plant Design material take-offs.
· Prepare layouts, study drawings, detailed 2D and 3D Computer Aided Design (CAD) design models and construction drawings using SmartPlant 3D.
· Undertake design of mining & mechanical handling equipment.
· Work with Designers and Engineers in the Plant Design and other project disciplines to coordinate overall design and technical requirements.
· Participate in team meetings and reviews.
· Perform other duties as required.
· Knowledge of the application of engineering and construction materials related to the discipline’s design responsibilities.
· Knowledge of Engineering Department Procedures (EDPs), industry and regulatory standards, design criteria and codes relevant to the discipline.
· Knowledge of discipline Design Guides, mathematical formulae and design calculations used in the discipline.
· Knowledge of technical responsibilities of other groups associated with the total design effort.
· Knowledge of procedures used for the procurement and quantity control of bulk materials applicable to the discipline.
· Knowledge applicable to the specific discipline work.
· Knowledge and experience in plant layout and piping design for oil & gas projects.
· Ability to develop intermediate piping layout in a 2D/3D CADD and SP3D environment.
· Experience in document management and database systems e.g Project Wise, Infoworks, Aconex etc.
· Knowledge of the application of engineering and construction materials related to design.
· Skill in reading, interpreting and using related documents and drawings prepared by other project groups.
· Knowledge of national industry and regulatory standards, design criteria and codes relevant to mechanical / piping engineering would be a benefit but is not essential.