Support major design and construction projects including performing electrical engineering analysis and design, establishing project design requirements, design criteria, and estimating assumptions, supporting construction and commissioning efforts
Building & places discipline by supporting multiple projects and teams with direct design and delivery activities. You will be experienced in the delivery of all phases of a project from inception to completion, but specifically design focused in similar types of Projects.
You will do this by using your experience of seeing conceptual designs through to completion and dealing directly with clients.
• Provide support at all stages of the design process on related projects - In particular bring specialist insight into the concept design stage to ensure the subsequent design stages are developed with a winning strategy and appropriate level of innovation.
• Preparation of electrical design calculations, drawings, specifications, and tender documents.
• Electrical design of lighting, HV & LV supply and small power distribution, earthing and lightning protection, fire and voice alarm systems, telecommunication services, low current and extra low voltage services, automatic controls, BMS as well as other related electrical utility systems as assigned.
• Be conversant with Revit/ 3D drawing production and be able to interrogate a model and help resolve coordination issues.
• Maintain, enhance and apply both design and technical knowledge ensuring production of high-quality drawings for review by Senior team members.
• Participate in the design progress and coordination meetings.
• Prepare outline scheme report / technical content of the design information.
• Prepare specifications, schedules, drawings and any other contract documents developed through the RIBA work stages.
Coordinate and communicate
• Coordination with other discipline engineers as applicable for the continuity of the design process
• Attend progress, design team and coordination meetings where required.
• Input to pre-qualification and selection of contractors, respond to tender queries, comment and review tender returns.
• Attend tender / client interviews. Attend site inspection meetings.
• Obtain the necessary information both internally and externally from Architects, Quantity Surveyors and Design Consultants for the design to proceed.
• Liaise with clients, professional organizations, contractors, suppliers, sub-contractors and other design.
• Identify and meet effectively the requirements and expectations of clients.
• Ensuring adherence to Corporate Standards.
• Ensuring that all activities are performed in a safe manner and comply with H&S requirements.
• Ensuring the relevant QA procedures are followed.
• Maintain, develop and retain the highest appropriate standard of technical skill.
• Ensure the project work complies with the Project Management Plan and Program.
• Experience of seeing conceptual designs through to completion and dealing directly with clients.
• The successful candidate will Chartered or be working towards Chartership, and have proven design experience, delivering to quality, time and budget.
Duration: 8+ months