Senior Public Health Engineer
Support major design and construction projects by performing mechanical engineering analysis and design.
Ideal candidate will be experienced in the delivery of all phases of a project from inception to completion, but specifically design focused in similar types of Projects.
Drafting, modelling & reporting:
• Provide support at all stages of the design process on related projects - In particular bring specialist insight into the concept design stage to ensure the subsequent design stages are developed with a winning strategy and appropriate level of innovation.
• Be conversant with Revit/ 3D drawing production and be able to interrogate a model and help resolve coordination issues.
• Maintain, enhance and apply both design and technical knowledge ensuring production of high-quality drawings for review by Senior team members.
• Public Health design of domestic hot & cold water services and above-ground drainage, Fire Protection systems, automatic controls and related Public Health utility systems as assigned.
• Preparation of public health design calculations, drawings, specifications, and tender documents.
• Participate in the design progress and coordination meetings.
• Prepare outline scheme report / technical content of the design information.
• Prepare specifications, schedules, drawings and any other contract documents developed through the RIBA work stages.
Coordinate and communicate:
• Coordination with other discipline engineers as applicable for the continuity of the design process
• Attend progress, design team and coordination meetings where required.
• Input to pre-qualification and selection of contractors, respond to tender queries, comment and review tender returns.
• Attend tender / client interviews. Attend site inspection meetings.
• Obtain the necessary information both internally and externally from Architects, Quantity Surveyors and Design Consultants for the design to proceed.
• Liaise with clients, professional organizations, contractors, suppliers, sub-contractors and other design.
• Identify and meet effectively the requirements and expectations of clients.
• Ensuring adherence to Corporate Standards & that all activities are performed in a safe manner and comply with company H&S requirements.
• Ensuring the relevant QA procedures are followed.
• Maintain, develop and retain the highest appropriate standard of technical skill.
• Ensure the project work complies with the Project Management Plan and Program.
• Experience of seeing conceptual designs through to completion and dealing directly with clients.
• The successful candidate will be Chartered and have proven design experience, delivering to quality, time and budget. This role will suit someone with a building services degree, who is enthusiastic & self-motivated.
• Professional membership (MCIBSE).
• Track record in the design of public health systems on a variety of building projects, i.e. retail, mixed-use developments, hospitality, healthcare, offices and industrial
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Building Services Engineering or related subject
• Engineering accreditation (CEng or equivalent) would be advantageous
Duration: 8+ months