We require two Planning Consultants (with DCO experience) to work in the Planning & Environmental Consenting division in Bristol.
Candidates to start ASAP.
2x Planning Consultants with some DCO experience - (1 x 6 month+, 1 x 12 month+ contract).
• Based at Bristol and contractors office (Bridgewater)
• To work with and advise a major contractor
• To assist in discharging DCO Requirements on time and to programme
• Advising on construction issues and the interplay with a DCO
A full-time, Planning consultant (as set out in our current job spec below):
• Identification, development and pursuit of new business and marketing opportunities in a range of sectors
• Preparation of tender responses
• Preparation of planning applications and supporting documents
• Provision of planning advice to external and internal clients
• Management, including financial management, of projects
• A relevant planning degree
• Chartered membership of the Royal Town Planning Institute
• Relevant post qualification experience in a planning role
• A sound, in-depth knowledge of planning law and procedures, including the changing planning system at national and local levels
• Experience in the management and delivery of multi-disciplinary planning projects
• Proven ability to manage budgets
• Capability to work alongside and co-ordinate a range of technical specialists providing input into planning submissions and EIAs
• Consultancy experience is an advantage, as is a need to demonstrate commercial expertise.
The successful applicant must be flexible and self-motivated and be expected to demonstrate the following:
• Good communication skills, with ability to draft reports to a high standard
• Ability to work under pressure, and have proven success in meeting tight deadlines
• Confident team worker, but able to work with limited supervision
• Commercial awareness and business development skills.