Based in Birmingham
• Chartered Engineer (MIStructE or MICE)
• Be a technically excellent engineer, with established skills and delivery capability.
• This should include experience in the design of common structural materials as well as a good understating of current design standards and working practices
• The ability to translate this broad range of technical skills into imaginative ideas which enhance the quality of our designs
• Proven experience on developing projects from concept to construction stage.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills that can support our client relationships, assist in preparing bids and generally enhance our work winning capability.
• Experience of actively managing clients.
• Ability to manage and work to budget and program, to control costs and manage change control processes
• A flexible attitude to both the type of work undertaken and the level of responsibility given.
• Experience of working with, and managing, small focused project teams.
• You should have the ability to make decisions, act on your own initiative and operate in a pro-active way.
• A curious minded individual who enjoys the stimulation of exchanging ideas with others.
• Deliver multiple projects or parts of larger projects to completion, within budget and to program.
• Ensure the provision of efficient high quality structural engineering design.
• Be the first point of contact for clients, contractors, design team and third parties.
• Offer support and guidance to more junior members of the team.
• Effectively manage own time which may be necessary if allocated to more than one project
• Build client relationships and help identify business opportunities
• Be a technical champion within the team.
• Assist in managing the broader team through mentoring and training
Senior Structural Engineer - Rail/stations focused, preferably previous history as CRE.
Key secured projects include: Coventry Station Masterplan and Perry Barr (new station for 2020 commonwealth games). Longer term pipeline and opportunities in rail/stations sector in region incl. ongoing HS2 EDP work.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.