Senior CAD Technician
Ideal candidate will have:
• A minimum of HNC in Civil Engineering or similar
• A thorough knowledge of Microstation 2D/3D and its application in designing civil engineering structures in the rail environment is essential.
• Experience in RC detailing desirable, along with familiarity with Bentley Rebar or similar detailing packages
• Ability to produce drawings containing 3D information
• Proven BIM expertise within a line of route enhancement project would be advantageous
• Extensive experience of steel detailing - particularly for bridges
• Extensive experience of the following works within light and heavy rail environments
• Rail overbridge repair and reconstruction (ideally including a range of deck construction types)
• Rail underbridge repair and reconstruction (ideally in a range of deck construction types and including NR standard designs)
• Footbridge reconstruction replacement and modification (including Access for All)
• Platform extension and modification
• Rail ancillary civils structures associated with large scale re-signalling projects
This is an opportunity to join a dynamic, world class project controls team; working on some of the UK’s largest rail and highways infrastructure projects. You will be part of an experienced team that have a significant impact on the successful delivery of these multi million pound contracts, using state of the art project controls tools and techniques that provide concise information to the projects they support.
Our client is recognised as an internationally renowned consultant, working on projects within the UK and overseas.
Duration: 6+ month