Senior CAD Technician
We are seeking a Senior CAD Engineer to work within Transportation structures practice.
This is an exciting opportunity for any candidate who is keen to undertake an interesting and varied role in supporting the delivery of engineering on rail and highways projects.
The workload is typically the delivery of multidisciplinary designs ranging from feasibility studies to detailed design, working either direct for rail industry clients like Network Rail and Highways England or increasingly for design and build contractors.
Projects include all elements of highway and railway civil engineering including bridges, stations, gantries and line-side infrastructure schemes.
Ideal candidates will demonstrate delivery of engineering drawings using AutoCAD and/or MicroStation for civil engineering design projects. They will have a background in structural detailing and of working within either the UK rail or highway sectors together with a track record of successful delivery on engineering design projects.
• A minimum of HNC in Civil Engineering or similar
• Expert knowledge of AutoCAD and/or Micro-station and their application in designing civil engineering structures in the rail environment is essential
• Proven BIM expertise within a line of route enhancement project would be advantageous
• Ability to produce drawings containing 3D information.
• Extensive experience in RC detailing, along with familiarity with CADs RC or similar detailing packages.
• Extensive experience of steel detailing - particularly for bridges
• New build bridge structure detailing.
• Structure repair and reconstruction (ideally including a range of deck construction types)
• Footbridge reconstruction replacement and modification (including Access for All)
• Railway Platform extension and modification
• Rail ancillary civil structures associated with large scale re-signalling projects
• Production of Civil / Structural CAD drawings and BIM model input
• Advice and mentorship of junior CAD staff within the team on projects
• Working as a point of reference for CAD staff and other engineers to call on where necessary
• Co-ordination of CAD and BIM model input to multi-disciplinary railway projects
• Assisting with site surveys and other site activities
• Preparation and presentation of progress for discussion at meetings
• Excellent interpersonal, organisational and communication skills
• A team player, dedicated to the delivery of projects
• Works to personally set deadlines with minimal supervision
• Confident and professional manner
• Able to use initiative and has a desire to improve
• Enjoys working on both simple routine and complex drawings
Duration: 6+ months