Perform electrical physical design including cable trench/raceway design, equipment location and layout, conduit and above-ground raceway design, preparation of cable schedules, design of lighting, grounding layout, grounding designs/calculations, and lightning protection systems.
Generate 2D drawings or 3D Computer Aided Design (CAD) design models of high complexity with minimal guidance from others.
The successful candidate will be working under the direction of a lead engineer. Responsibilities also include the production and standardization of physical design and other standard deliverables related to physical design of electrical power distribution systems on Oil/Gas/Petrochemicals projects.
Experience on projects in the Middle East, particularly for ADNOC/GASCO/Takreer clients is desirable.
Examples of documentation and required skills include:
· Experience with Microstation and SP3D
· Layout drawings for electrical equipment
· Underground raceway (ductbank)
· Above ground ladder/tray and conduit
· Raceway supports and hangers
· Grounding and Lightning Protection
· Hazardous area classification and associated physical design criteria
· Preparation of 3D electrical model
· Good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel