Architectural Designer / GIS Analysis
Ideal candidate will have:
BA or BSc in Geography, Computer Science, or related discipline.
* Ability to work with various GIS and CAD data formats and perform data conversions, data editing, and topology clean-up.
* Provide technical writing to support GIS metadata and project documentation.
* Create presentations using GIS maps.
* Develop GIS deliverables, including spatial data preparation, alignment sheet format and creation, cartographic maps, and GIS spatial analyses.
· Hands-on GIS experience, including spatial data editing, cartographic output production, spatial analysis, and spatial data management using the ESRI suite of software.
· Strong understanding of geographic and projected coordinate systems, horizontal and vertical datums.
· Working knowledge of OG&C processes and procedures.
· Demonstrated strong technical expertise in GIS, spatial data management, and related technologies.
· Prior knowledge of GIS, GPS, remote sensing, and familiarity with GIS software including ArcGIS, ArcView, ArcInfo.
· Prior knowledge of all alignment sheet generation software including Bluesky products ( including Lightning)
· Knowledge of ESRI Model Builder and Python/Geoprocessing scripts.
· Knowledge of CAD software including Microstation.
· Knowledge of the entire pipeline and pipeline facilities design/layout and route selection process including early site selection process, geotechnical studies, and right-of-way survey
· Knowledge of all phases of pipeline construction operations relating to engineering, construction and field activities
· Skilled in medium and large diameter (20” to 36”+) pipeline routing.
· Experience coordinating survey teams to perform civil centerline surveys for pipeline, geotechnical investigations, and environmental data collection.
· Broad knowledge of environmental compliance laws and requirements
· Broad knowledge of government compliance standards
· Knowledge of continuous improvement methodologies
· Able to work on multiple tasks/projects simultaneously.
· Strong work ethic and ability to work in a team-oriented environment.
· Energetic and positive attitude working with multiple clients on a wide-variety of projects.
· Team building and leadership skills
· Familiar with word processing, spreadsheet, and database applications.
· Oral, written and graphic communication and presentation skills
Duration: 9-12 months work