A Chartered Materials Engineer
Minimum of 6 years experience in the oil, gas and chemical sector.
Potential candidate should have in-depth knowledge in one of the following materials subjects:
· Selection of materials, generation of material selection guides and material selection diagrams
· Use of ECE corrosion modelling software
· Fabrication (welding, NDE & heat treatment)
· Corrosion control (coatings and cathodic protection)
· Specialist coatings (insulation and fireproofing)
The work will involve the generation of design documents, following through the materials requirements to design completion and then to construction.
The successful candidate will be required to work with fabricators and suppliers of piping systems and pressure equipment to ensure their procedures meet the metallurgical design intent.
Experience of successfully working in a design team is essential.