Onshore Pipeline Engineer
Key qualifications for this position include:
· A bachelor’s degree in Mechanical/ Civil & Structural from an accredited university
· 10+ years’ experience in design & development of capital projects with infield and export pipelines
· Minimum of 2 FEED pipeline project experience.
· Proven proficiency in handling front end engineering design and/or detailed engineering.
· Experience in EPC projects
· Experience in delivering design per ASME B31.4 and ASME B31.8 codes
General Onshore Experience Technical position on at least 2 onshore pipeline projects with experience from FEED to Execution.
Past work history for a pipeline consultant or installation contractor, with experience / knowledge of onshore pipeline design. Experience with flexible/umbilical a plus.
Key basic function and scope include:
· Develop engineering activities related to export pipelines during Pre-FEED validation, FEED studies, Long Lead Items procurement support, preliminary installation, pre-commissioning and commissioning engineering activities, EPCI bid package preparation for onshore pipelines.
· Perform specialist engineering activities in support of FEED deliverables including pipeline calculation reports, design reports, specifications, datasheets and oversee drafting ·
Key responsibilities of this position include but not limited to:
· Apply industry codes and standards along with lessons learned and best practices to the work related to onshore pipelines.
· Provide support for preliminary pipeline routing assessment considering all interfaces, functional requirements, manmade and geo hazards using results from geotechnical and geophysical (G&G) survey.
· Prepare general field route maps
· Provide input and oversee automated Pipeline Alignment drawing (Bluesky)
· Should be able to manage and perform pipeline engineering activities including:
Wall thickness selection (ASME B31.4, B31.8)
Trenching and Backfill Studies (ANSYS Pipe soil interaction)
Road Crossing Design (API 1102) o Thermal / Upheaval buckling analysis
Onshore Pipeline Stress analysis (Ceaser II)
Cathodic Protection Design (ISO 15589-1)
Pipeline Buoyancy calculations
Third Party Pipeline Crossing Design
· Provide input to line pipe material selection, CRA line pipe fabrication and welding, CRA line pipe installation and welding qualification
· Provide input to project cost and schedule estimating;
· Develop pre-commissioning and commissioning procedures and activities including, testing, flooding, pigging, gauging, assessing and mitigating risks, coordinating with other facility disciplines and implementing process safety in work execution.
· Participate in Project reviews, HAZID and HAZOP
· Participate in Value added engineering throughout the duration of FEED
· Fully understand Client HSE expectations, HSE policy, procedures, applicable local regulations in light of very high H2S content of the pipelines
· Participate in training and development of junior pipeline engineers and designers ·
Should be well versed in Pipeline Design Codes - ASME B31.4, ASME B31.8, API RP 1102, ISO 13623.
Should be well versed with MS Office, MathCad, ANSYS FE analysis program. Knowledge of ADMA OPCO Specifications and international regulatory requirements is a