The Senior Electrical Design Engineers role will be to oversee junior staff and undertake engineering designs, provide project management and administration duties and to monitor design team costs taking into account the programme and budget provided for each of the projects.
The Senior Electrical Design Engineer will also be responsible for undertaking fee assessments and providing fee bids for projects as directed
Candidate must hold a full UK driving licence.
The Senior Electrical Engineers role is summarised as follows :-
1. To implement company procedures policy.
2. To carry out Electrical design and project management of various types of projects in accordance with the company aims and policies.
3. To manage design team and provide Electrical engineering support to all Electrical engineers
4. Liaise with clients and attend meetings on all aspects of the projects.
5. Maintain and expand client base.
6. Carry out surveys and produce reports.
7. Carry out quality inspections of projects.
8. Use CAD systems in line with company procedures.
9. Monitor financial aspects of projects.
10. Formulate Electrical standards within the organisation.
Candidate will have experience of:
Working in a consultancy
Working for a large contractor in a design capacity
Project management of multi-disciplinary projects
Producing detailed specifications
Productions of design calculations using manual and software type
Production of drawings manually *CAD experience essential
Production of tender packages
Carry out tender analysis of returned tender packages
Production of budget costings for all aspects of services
Carry out site surveys
Carry out on-site project management
Production of condition reports
Management of more junior staff.
Direct client liaison
Candidate will have knowledge of:
Projects will include:
Qualified to at least HNC or Degree Level
Must be a team player