Provide a competent Civil Engineering service and to ensure that assigned projects are carried out on time, within agreed budgets and that they meet the Client’s and Directors’ requirements.
1. To prepare technical reports and arrange for any necessary survey or investigation works required in producing such reports.
2. Undertake the detail design of civil engineering schemes*
3. Manage the preparation of working drawings.
4. Provide regular scheme progress reports (cost/programme) to designated manager.
5. Monitor resource input requirements.
6. Ensure the relevant statutory requirements and best management practices are met for all projects (CDM, Planning, Building Regulations, British Standards/European Codes, Design guides, Codes of Practice etc.)
7. Ensure the appropriate internal and external communications take place for the successful completion of all activities undertaken and the procurement of new commissions.
* The following design experience would be an advantage:
· Private Foul & SW drainage.
· Private Pumping Stations & Rising Mains
· S104 Adoptions.
· Sustainable Drainage Systems
· Estate Road Design
· S38 Adoptions
· S278 Highway Works
· Site 3D
· Micro Drainage - preferable
· MS Word, Excel, Project
- Previous years experience in infrastructure design
- Understanding of Statutory Regulations
- Knowledge of construction techniques
- Good communication skills
- Confidence in project management of own schemes
- Liaising with clients and other members of staff